Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Formal letter - Albert Castañé


Advertisement complain
Carrer Irlanda
Barri del Centre
08921
6th of April 2016

Burger King
Carrer McDonald's 
Barri Comercial
08922



Dear Sir/Madam


I am writing to your company about an advertisement which I consider offensive and hostile to half of the population (of the world). When I saw it in one of your establishments I was appalled.

The advertisement, precisely, is the one in which a woman appears from the left and is shown from the right a burger, that reproduces (or this it what it seems to be) a fallic symbol. This is a male chauvinist, patriarcal and shocking ad, and I assure that this kind of marketing can not be produced and showed up to the public. As a historical costumer that I am of your company, I hope that you'll understand the situation.

I was  not the only one who showed his disagreement with the ad in question, and I can assure that caused a bad impression. My God, three woman went out of the restaurant when they saw what there (and I) consider an attack to women. This isn't he kind of society that we want, women didn't fight (and aren't fighting) against patriarcal situation just to see your really disgustin ad.

I would be grateful if you could eliminate the advertisement and, as to do an apologize, you could start a campaign against male chauvinism and women oppression: you owe this to women. If you don't, we see on court because I will demand you.

Yours faithfully,

Albert Castañé.

No comments:

Post a Comment